Between 2014 and 2016 I wrote over 40 articles on the mind, brain, neuroscience, psychology and everything in between for the ABC‘s brain training program Active Memory. Active Memory was part of a research project into online brain training, but the project is now completed. Sadly the site is retired and blogs are being republished here.
Here are a few of my favourites:
- The Simple Strategy to Achieve Any Goal.
- The Upside of Anger.
- Imagine this – mental imagery strengthens neural circuits.
- This is your brain on empathy.
- Is brain fog during menopause real?
- How festive food can affect your mood.
I’ve also blogged for a few US wellness websites. Here are some of my most popular articles:
- Why Crafting is Great for Your Brain. A Neuroscientist Explains. MindBodyGreen. * Winning on >98K shares!
- Why Friendship is Great for Your Brain. A Neuroscientist Explains. MindBodyGreen.
- How Finding Your Purpose Protects Your Brain. A Neuroscientist Explains. MindBodyGreen.
- The Neuroscience of Mindfulness Meditation. The Chopra Centre. 2016.
- Neuroscience Insight. How to Break Bad Habits. The Chopra Centre. 2016.
Here are some grittier articles brain cancer.
- Fighting the Big C with Big D. Brain Cancer and Big Data. Cure Brain Cancer.
- A Short History of Cancer. Cure Brain Cancer.
- The Open-Minded Art and Science of Drug Repurposing. Cure Brain Cancer.
I was recently profiled in The Age and Sydney Morning Herald.