Dr Sarah McKay can be booked to speak at your next conference or event.
At the heart of what I do is to tell impeccably-researched evidence-based stories in a straightforward and compelling way. Talk to me about how I can tailor a WORKSHOP or KEYNOTE to your particular audience and desired outcomes.
Popular topics include:
- Women's Brain Health across the lifespan (based on my book 'The Women's Brain Book. The Neuroscience of Health, Hormones and Happiness).
- A 'Bottom-Up — Outside-In — Top-Down' approach to brain health and well-being.
- Seven habits of highly healthy brains.
- REFIRE to REWIRE — six steps to tap in adult neuroplasticity, learning and change.
- Writers Live – Dr Sarah McKay introduces The Woman’s Brain Book, Berkelouw Books, Mona Vale. Thursday 5 April 2018 6.30pm.
- Nurture Your Brain for Life with Dr Sarah McKay. Five Dock Library, Sydney, NSW. Thursday 19 April 2018 6.30pm.
- Revive 2018. Sheraton Mirage. Sheraton Mirage 29 July 2018.
- How to write a popular science book. Australasian Medical Writers Conference. Melbourne, VIC. Thursday 23 - Saturday 25 August 2018.
- Golden Door. Hunter Valley, NSW. September 22 2018
- Business Chicks. Movers and Breakers Conference. Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay. Thursday 25 - Sunday 28 October 2018. *sold out.
See me speak:
TEDx – Indulge Your Neurobiology.
My 2015 TEDx talk ‘Indulge Your Neurobiology' in which why afternoon naps improve memory, spark creativity and regulate emotions (no app, course or guru required!).
Increasing Brain Potential. The Exchange TV.
I chat with hosts Rob and Christie Buckingham and memory expert and author Tansel Ali about memory.
Your Brain Matters.
A vox pop I did for Alzheimer’s Australia (and watch to the very end when I chime in again!!)
Sarah is a warm and engaging speaker. She presents neuroscience evidence in an accessible way and can convey scientific facts to a general audience without ‘dumbing it down’. Having worked with Sarah on the Neural Knitworks National Science Week project, I would recommend Sarah as a sharp and clever communicator, an expert consultant who can make sure that your content is scientifically accurate and a great copywriter. She is great fun, more than happy to get hands-on and we are so grateful to have someone with her credentials working with us.
Manager, Inspiring Australia, NSW
Sarah’s final plenary at the AMWA 2013 conference was just what the audience needed to hear. An honest narrative from a fellow medical writer about her journey as a blogger, evidence geek and online communicator. A rare science writer who is as powerful from the podium as she is on the page.
Dr Justin Coleman
President, Australasian Medical Writers Association