I welcome contributions from people working in the brain, mind, neuroscience and psychology communities.
If you’ve got an idea for a blog post about the mind, brain, or the neuroscience or psychology of everyday life, then drop me a line: email@example.com with [Write for Your Brain Health] in the subject line and we can chat!
Here’s what you need to know if you want to write for me:
1. Who are you? I only accept original articles written by neuroscientists, psychologists, science writers or other relevant professionals.
2. Topic/Content ideas: My readers are interested in the mind and brain, and the neuroscience and psychology of everyday life. Take a look around my site and see what I’ve written about so far. The MOST important thing I ask is that your article is evidence-based and referenced (links to original academic articles are strongly preferred).
3. Word count: Posts are 500-750 words.
4. Tone & Language: Think ‘science-lite’ or ‘The Conversation‘, ‘PsychologyToday‘ or even ‘IFLScience‘. Light-hearted and witty is great and plain English is ESSENTIAL. Stats succulently summarised are good. Absolutely report absolute risk. But go light on detailed methodology or analyses. My readers want to know why its relevant to them (not why you find it interesting!).
5. Title & hook: (that’s the first line or two). People are busy. A good title will grab their attention and make them want to read your piece. If you’re stuck, ask yourself, ‘How would I explain this to my Mum?’ (Or Mom. I do prefer UK English, but will take it easy on you Americans).
6. Break it up: Bullet points. Subtitles. Lists. White space. When people read online they scan. Make it easy for them.
7. Your bio: Please pen yourself a byline and a brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts etc. But keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences.
8. Images: If you’ve got an image that can be used, then please let me know. PLEASE get familiar with creative commons licenses first and make sure the image is ok to use.
9. If your article is published, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. The more people who view your post, the better is it for you and me!
10. I DO NOT promote products or services. I DO NOT accept sponsored posts, including flogging your CBD product. Fullstop. Period. End of story.